Clobamet-20 tablet is part of a group of benzodiazepines (BZD) that are primarily used to treat epilepsy (fits), extreme anxiety for a brief period, and anxiety disorders. Additionally, Clobazam-20 tab is used to treat schizophrenia in combination with other medications (a mental illness). An abrupt, uncontrollable change in the electrical activity of brain nerve cells is a symptom of the illness known as epilepsy (fits). A mental health condition called anxiety is characterized by fear, concern, and excessive nervousness. Schizophrenia is a mental illness that impairs a person’s capacity for rational thought, feeling, and behavior.
Uses of Clobazam-20 Tablet
- Clobazam-20 tab is an anxiolytic medication (reduces anxiety) used to treat seizures, and severe anxiety.
- By regulating the electrical activity of the brain’s nerve cells,this medication stops fits from occurring.
- Additionally, this medication soothes nerve cells, aids in temporarily lowering anxiety, and promotes sleep.
- Clobazam-20 tab may be combined with additional medications to treat schizophrenia (a mental illness).
How Clobazam-20 Tablet works
By acting on GABA receptors in the brain,Clobazam-20 tab increases the release of GABA, a chemical messenger that serves as a nerve-calming agent. By regulating the electrical activity of brain nerve cells, this medication avoids fits. Additionally, it soothes nerve cells, which lowers anxiety and promotes sleep.
- Before beginning to use the clobazam-20 tab read the Medication Guide and Instructions for Use that were given to you by your pharmacist. Ask your physician or pharmacist if you have any queries.
- Take this medication by mouth once or twice daily, generally with or without a meal, as prescribed by your doctor. Take this prescription before bedtime if you take it once a day. The higher dose should be taken at bedtime if you are taking this medicine in divided doses.
- Your age, weight, health, and treatment response all factor into the recommended dosage.
- Despite the fact that it benefits many, this medication sometimes leads to addiction. If you suffer from a substance use disorder (such as excessive use or addiction to drugs or alcohol), your risk may be higher. In order to reduce the chance of addiction, take this medication exactly as directed.
- If you have any allergies, including those to benzodiazepines (such lorazepam, diazepam), tell your doctor or pharmacist before using clobazam. Inactive chemicals in this product have the potential to trigger allergic reactions or other issues.
- Explain your medical history before taking this medicine if you have any history of liver disease, kidney disease, addiction of alcohol, mental disorder and breathing problem inform your doctor thoroughly.
- Do not drink, drive and work on heavy machinery while consuming this medication because it may make you feel drowsy and dizzy.
- This medication is prescribed during pregnancy only when it is clearly needed. It may harm an unborn baby. Talk to your doctor right away about the advantages and disadvantages of using this medication during pregnancy if you are planning a pregnancy, are already pregnant, or suspect that you might be pregnant.
Side Effects of Clobazam-20 Tablet
Keep in mind that your doctor has recommended this medicine because they believe it will benefit you more than it will harm you. Many people who use this medicine report no significant Side effects. However some of the common side effects of this medicine are:
- Trouble in sleeping
Get Quality Clobazam-20 Tablet
Emocare is India’s leading Neuropsychiatry pharmaceutical company. The company is regarded as the leading PCD Pharma Franchise Company, providing the best franchise services as well as high-quality medicines at reasonable prices. The company has its own manufacturing units with full GMP and WHO certification, and it only uses DCGI approved drug range to create Neurology medicines. As an ISO-certified company, the company strives to satisfy its customers in every way possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is clobamet-20 tablets safe to consume during pregnancy?
No, it is not advised to use this medicine during pregnancy, especially in the second and third trimesters, as it may have harmful effects on the unborn child, including cleft lip, changes in heart rate or movement, muscle weakness, breathing issues, drowsiness, or a drop in body temperature. If taken in the latter stages of pregnancy, it may result in withdrawal symptoms in the fetus, such as shaking or nervous agitation. Therefore, before using this medicine, please let your doctor know if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Can I stop taking Clobamet-20 tablets on my own?
No, it is not recommendable to stop taking this medication on your own. Stopping this medicine on your own may cause anxiety, depression, loss of appetite, difficulty in sleeping and so on.