Escitalopram 5mg tablet belongs to the class of medication known as serotonin reuptake inhibitors and is a type of antidepressant that is used in the treatment of depression and other mental health conditions which include anxiety, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc. The person may have symptoms such as feelings of sadness or feeling of loss and might have mood swings, anxiety is defined as an emotion that is characterized by a feeling of tension, and symptoms like blood pressure which is a sudden feeling of terror. This tablet works by increasing serotonin levels which helps for improving the mood and physical symptoms of depression, it is also responsible for relieving symptoms of anxiety, panic attacks, and obsessive-compulsive disorders.
Uses of Escitalopram 5mg tablet:
Escitalopram 5mg tablet is an oral tablet used alone or with medication that is used in the treatment of;
- This medication is used to treat depression and anxiety that works by helping to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain.
- It may also improve your energy level and feeling of well-being and decrease nervousness.
- Also used to treat other mental disorders which may include panic disorder and hot flashes that occur with menopause.
Side Effects of Escitalopram 5mg tablet:
- Nausea, trouble sleeping, constipation, tiredness, dizziness, and increased sweating may occur or if any of these side effects last or get worse, consult your doctor and pharmacist immediately.
- Remember that Escitalopram 5mg tablet has been prescribed because your healthcare professionals have judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this tablet do not have serious side effects.
- Consult with your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, which may include decreased interest in sex, changes in sexual ability, and easy bleeding.
- Get medical attention immediately if you are experiencing any very serious side effects, such as bloody stools, fainting, irregular heartbeat, seizures, eye pain, vision changes, etc.
- It may lower the levels of potassium or magnesium in the blood and may increase your risk of QT prolongation. If you have conditions such as severe sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting. Consult with your doctor before using Escitalopram 5mg tablet safely.
- Before taking Escitalopram 5mg tablets, ask your doctor or professionals if you are allergic to it. If you have any other allergies because this tablet may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions, talk to your doctor for more details.
- Escitalopram 5mg tablets may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm. QT prolongation can rarely cause serious and other symptoms such as severe dizziness, and fainting that needs to consult with a doctor or pharmacist.
- This medication may make you dizzy or drowsy. Alcohol can make you more dizzy or drowsy. So, do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely.
- During pregnancy, this tablet should be used only when clearly needed. It may harm an unborn baby, so before undergoing this treatment consult with a doctor.
The dose of Escitalopram 5mg tablet will be different for different patients and follow your doctor’s instructions or the information on the label. The following information includes only the average doses of this medication or if your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so. The amount of this drug that you take depends on the strength of this medication. Also, the number of doses you take each day and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the patient’s medical condition.
Store Escitalopram 5mg tablets in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing and Keep out of the reach of children or pets. Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed before disposal. Ask your healthcare professionals how to dispose of medicine.
Escitalopram 5mg tablet Manufacturer and Supplier:
Emocare is a pharmaceutical industry comparison with the leading producers and suppliers of low-cost neuropsychiatric products. They are thoroughly involved in increasing the supply of quality, affordable neuro medicine to meet the growing needs of the healthcare system to recover from depression and many other mental disorders which is common in this new generation. This company continues to grow, and the neuropsychiatry drug manufacturers hold a strong position in the Indian supply chain and play a key role in developing the industry in India.