Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets belong to the class of medication known as antipsychotics and are used in the treatment of psychosis, and Tourette syndrome. This medication prevents these symptoms and this medication works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and moods. This is a prescription medication directed by the doctor. You can take this medication as long as your doctor has prescribed it for you, depending on your medical situation. Sometimes you may experience side effects such as voluntary movements, constipation, and dryness in the mouth. Do not take Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets if you are allergic to it and other ingredients present in it or it is not recommended for use in children under 1 year of age.
Uses of Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets:
- Patients have nerves in a state of agitation in the movement stemming from different causes such as delusions, loss of emotional control, alcohol-induced tremors, etc.
- Those patients who are experiencing schizophrenia, show confusion and emotional agitation leading to unprovoked aggressive behavior attacking unusual targets such as trees, loved ones, brightly colored objects, etc.
- People with anxiety disorders such as excessive anxiety, and patients with weak nerves are easily intimidated, and they think they have a disease, in that condition this medication will be prescribed.
- Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets are also used in anesthesia, reducing the symptoms of nausea and vomiting caused by the use of chemotherapy in cancer treatment due to the strong antiemetic effect of the drug.
Side Effects of Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets:
Also with its effect, Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets may cause some unwanted side effects. But not all these side effects may occur, if it occurs consult with the doctor immediately. Get medical help if any of these following side effects continue or if you have questions regarding these side effects;
- You may experience headaches, dizziness, depression, and sedation. Besides, there are extrapyramidal symptoms with acute dystonia and restlessness or if the drug is treated for a long time, movement disorders may occur.
- Patients may have increased perspiration, loss of appetite, insomnia, and changes in their weight, so consult with a doctor if you are experiencing these side effects.
- The drug causes skin reactions, hypersensitivity reactions, etc., or may cause ventricular arrhythmias, hypoglycemia, hepatitis, intrahepatic biliary obstruction, etc.
- This medication causes weakness and muscle weakness and it also causes large seizures, psychomotor agitation, confusion, urinary retention, and blurred vision.
How to use Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets?
- Use Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets exactly as prescribed by your healthcare professionals or follow all the instructions available on the package of the product.
- Take this medication with a full glass of water and best to take this tablet at night because it can make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving and usage of heavy machines after taking this tablet unless you will be fit for it.
- It may be used for a short duration of time and follow all guidelines for dosing as prescribed by your doctor.
- If you need surgery or if you will be on bed rest, you may need to stop using this tablet for a short duration of time or consult with a doctor if you have a question regarding Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets.
- This tablet can reduce sweating, making you more likely to get a heart stroke. Therefore, avoid hard work and exercise in summer.
- During this treatment, your children may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially uncontrolled movements.
- Before using Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: a certain severe nervous system problem, depression, bipolar disorder, difficulty urinating, or heart problems.
- Low levels of magnesium and potassium in the blood may also increase your risk of QT prolongation or may increase if you use certain drugs or if you have conditions such as severe sweating or vomiting. Thus consult your doctor about using tablets safely.
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy, therefore Alcohol can make you more dizzy or drowsy.
- Store Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets at room temperature away from direct light, and moisture.
- If you have any questions regarding storage, ask your pharmacist or doctor.
- Do not keep it in the bathroom.
- Keep all the medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
Haloperidol 1.5 mg tablets Manufacturer and supplier:
Emocare has always put quality as the top-most priority which resonates with our customer satisfaction requirement. We are a certified ISO-GMP-WHO neuropsychiatric Company that has established itself as a leading and trusted name in the market for neurology medicines or products. Here, you will always be offered with best drug solution in the neuro market and have been fascinated multiple times on national forums, and offering better Third-party services to companies pan India.