Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg are a type of medicine that helps with many different health problems. These include shaky movements, chest pain, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, and severe headaches. These tablets have 40 mg of propranolol hydrochloride, which is the thing that makes them work.
Sustained-release tablets are made to gradually release medicine into the body over a period of time. This gives a steady amount of medicine throughout the day. This helps keep the medication at a consistent level in the blood, which can make it work better.
How To Use
- You should swallow the tablets with or without food as your doctor tells you. It’s necessary to remember to take the tablets at the same time every day.
- Do not break or bite the tablets, as it may change how the medicine works in your body.
- If you forget to take your medicine, just take it as soon as you remember.
- Do not take more medicine if you forget to take a dose.
- If it’s almost time to take your next dose, don’t take the dose you missed. Just continue taking your medicine as scheduled. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- It’s necessary to do what your doctor says and keep taking Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg even if you feel good. If you suddenly stop taking your medication, it could make your condition get worse. If you are unsure about how to use this medication or have any concerns, please ask your doctor for help.
Doctors prescribe Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg to treat different conditions.
High blood pressure: Propranolol can lower blood pressure and decrease the chance of heart attack, stroke, and kidney issues.
Angina: Propranolol can help lessen chest pain caused by not enough blood flowing to the heart.
Heart rhythm disorders: Propranolol is a medicine that can help fix these problems, especially atrial fibrillation.
Migraines: Propranolol can make migraines happen less often and be less intense.
Anxiety: Propranolol can help control anxiety symptoms like fast heartbeat, sweating, and shaking.
Some common side effects include:
Before you start taking Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg, it is necessary to let your doctor know if you have any of these conditions:
- Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg can cause problems when taken with other medications. It’s important to let your doctor know about all the medications you take, including drugs you can buy without a prescription, supplements, and natural remedies.
- The medication Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg can make you feel dizzy. Therefore, you should avoid driving or using heavy machinery until you understand how the medicine affects you.
- You should not drink alcohol when taking Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg because it can make the side effects worse.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should ask your doctor first before taking Propranolol Hydrochloride Sustained Release Tablets 40 mg, because it might be harmful to the baby.