Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab is a type of pill that slowly releases the medication venlafaxine into your body. This medicine is often given to adults who have a major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, or panic disorder. The tablet is made to give out the medicine slowly over the day, so you get a constant amount of medicine for hours. The tablet is usually a dark or light orange color, has a long oval shape, and might have the letters “E” and “89” on it.
How To Use Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab
To take Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab,
- Make sure to follow the directions given by your doctor when taking the medicine.
- Take the pill with a glass of water without breaking or chewing it.
- You can choose to take it with or without food, but it is best to take it with food to avoid feeling sick in your stomach.
- Don’t suddenly stop taking Venlafaxine because it may give you withdrawal symptoms. If you no longer want to take it, have a conversation with your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, don’t take the missed dose and just stick to your normal schedule for taking the medication.
- Don’t take more than the recommended amount of Venlafaxine. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, go to the doctor right away.
- It might be a few weeks before you begin to feel all the good effects of Venlafaxine. Stay calm and keep taking the medicine the way your doctor told you to.
Benefits of Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab
Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab is a medicine used to help people with depression, anxiety, and panic disorders. Here are some possible advantages of taking Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tablet:
- Venlafaxine makes you feel better by increasing certain chemicals in your brain that affect your mood. This can help improve your mood and make you feel less depressed.
- Venlafaxine can also make you feel less anxious. It does this by controlling the chemicals in your brain that affect how you feel.
- Venlafaxine, unlike other antidepressants, causes fewer problems like weight gain and sexual problems.
- Venlafaxine only needs to be taken once a day, so it is a good choice for people who struggle to remember to take multiple doses throughout the day.
- Venlafaxine is good for long-term use. It works well for people who need ongoing treatment for depression or anxiety.
Side Effects of Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab
Some common side effects of Venlafaxine include:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
Precautions of Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab
When you take Venlafaxine 150 mg XR Tab, there are some important things you need to remember. These are some things you should be careful about:
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies or sensitivities, and let them know about any other medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements.
- Venlafaxine might make children, teenagers, and young adults more likely to have thoughts about hurting themselves or behaving in a harmful way. If you or someone you know is feeling more depressed, acting differently, or thinking about hurting themselves, get medical help right away.
- Before you begin taking Venlafaxine, make sure to tell your doctor if you have had any prior medical issues such as heart disease, high blood pressure, problems with your liver or kidneys, seizures, or glaucoma.
- Venlafaxine might make you feel dizzy or tired. Don’t drive or use machines until you understand how the medication affects you.
- It is not recommended to drink alcohol while using Venlafaxine because it can make side effects worse and make depression or anxiety symptoms worse.
- Venlafaxine can have an effect on other medicines, like MAO inhibitors, other antidepressants, drugs that prevent blood clotting, and certain painkillers. Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are using to avoid any negative effects they might have when combined.
- If you are pregnant or thinking of getting pregnant, talk to your doctor about the good and bad things about using Venlafaxine. It is usually not recommended to take Venlafaxine while pregnant unless the good reasons are higher than the bad reasons.
- Venlafaxine can enter breast milk and may harm a breastfeeding baby. Talk to your doctor if you are nursing or thinking about nursing.